Wednesday, March 19, 2008

April Menu

Here is the April menu. I've added a description of the meals so you know what you're getting. Hope this helps when selecting meals. As always meals are $6 and treats are $5 for 6. Please let me know if you have any allergies and I'll see if I can make substitutions that work for you.

Seitan Red and White Bean Jambalaya
Tomato-ey rice with yummy seitan sausages, beans and lots of veggies as usual. I'm excited about this dish.

Sicilian White Bean and Tomato Soup
I have a note on my recipe book for this one that says "Excellent, Easy and Pretty". Its a hearty, colorful soup with white beans, spinach and chunks of tomato.

Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
Those of you who have have ordered from me for a while may have noticed I have a sweet potato obsession. In this dish I add Indian curry and coconut milk to them making an all-time favourite Mealtime Matters meal.

Moussaka
A vegan-take on the classic Greek casserole..wait, the word casserole does not do this meal justice; its much sexier than that. Thin-sliced eggplant and zucchini layered with potatoes are covered with a zesty tomato sauce and then topped with a rich pine nut 'cream' sauce. yum!

Corn Chowder
This chunky corn chowder is kicked up a notch with the addition of lots of veggies, jalapenos and lime juice. I love this soup.

Chana Masala
Who doesn't love chickpeas when combined with tomatoes and spices? This Indian chickpea stew is bursting with flavor and I know you're going to like it.

Seitan in Mole Sauce
This is a seitan stew with a spicy-sweet chocolate mole sauce. The chocolate gives it a rich complex flavor. Warning: this contains peanut butter so those with peanut allergies should avoid this one.

Pumpkin Baked Ziti
Pumpkin seems to find its way into many of my baked good. This time its is featured in a savory dish with a creamy sauce for ziti (a pasta similar to penne) which is then topped with a sage bread crumb mixture. Comfort food at its best. This one has cashews and walnuts for those with nut allergies.

*New*
If anyone wants the nutritional values (calories, fat, protein, carbohydrates and fiber) of my meals, I can provide an approximation for you.

The VEGAN TREAT of the month is ice cream sandwiches! Not just an ordinary ice-cream sandwich though. Chewy-chocolate raspberry cookies surround a thick layer of delicious raspberry soy ice-cream. And people think vegans are deprived...

Any questions, see the FAQ or email me at hanhamt(nospam)@gmail.com

Please place orders by April 1st. I start cooking right away so try to place your orders early so you don't miss out like some folks did last month.

No comments: