Saturday, October 13, 2007

A word about Cupcakes


I love cupcakes. I love to bake them. I love to eat them. I knew I wanted to include them in the monthly treats but logistically how to get them to you took some thought. Usually I like to decorate them with the icing swirled high like the ones pictured on the right (click on the image for a close up!) but they would definitely get squished by the time you saw them.

So here's what I came up with. I'm going to give them to you unfrosted and include a baggie of frosting. When you're ready to eat them, thaw them and cut the bottom corner of the baggie and pipe the frosting out from hole you cut. Works really well, in fact I've done it in the past when I didn't have the proper piping bag and tips.

That said, If you ever want to have a cake or cupcakes fresh and not frozen and specially decorated like the ones above, maybe for a birthday or a special occasion, I am open to try to accommodate you if I can. You may have to pick up the cake or cupcakes from my place and it may cost more but if you're into that, let's talk. I'm always looking for an excuse to decorate cupcakes and cakes. Come on people, give me an excuse!

No comments: